Systems Engineer (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States /
Development – Cloud Operations /
Through the power of trillions of dollars in business spend, Coupa’s mission is to unlock our customers' full potential to do well and do good, anchored in our shared belief that we are smarter together. Our customers, suppliers, and employees- our Coupanians- come together to co-create ideas and innovations that impact the power of spend.
Coupa Software is a high-growth SaaS company and market leader in the BSM (Business Spend Management) space. We are in a major growth phase and wish to expand our Cloud Service Management team to support our leading cloud platform.
We are seeking an Application Engineer with a strong Identity & Access Management background. This position is supported by the Director, Cloud Service Management. You will form part of a global team spread across 3 our primary centers in APAC, EMEA and the US.
Joining the team as an Application Engineer will provide you the opportunity to make a large impact and advance your career considerably. Your primary focus will be in ensuring our customers’ success by developing IAM engineering solutions and optimizing application access. You will have a strong sense of service ownership and personal accountability, and a definite bias for action.
You will be supported through in-house training and certification on our Coupa University platform and through subscriptions with leading learning partners.
Coupa operates an open and autonomous work culture, where employees are challenged and critical thinking is encouraged. We operate an inverted organization structure - we support our employees, not manage them. This is core to our culture and we do everything we can to foster an entrepreneurial spirit within our team as we strive for personal and organizational excellence.
As an Application Engineer you will:
- Bring an automation-first engineering mentality to access provisioning and governance of applications used across Coupa
- Develop and deploy application integration automation and operational strategies to support identity and access management for the organization
- Automate user lifecycle management using security best practices and in accordance with corporate policies
- Develop business reporting tools and KPI dashboards
We’re looking for an Application Engineer who:
- Has a relevant qualification and 4+ years of professional experience in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Has a passion for excellence, is a natural analytical problem solver, and a critical thinker. You should enjoy digging deep to understand issues and like solving hard problems taking a data-driven approach
- Has some background in cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and systems engineering (Windows and Linux) in a global SaaS organization
- Has experience administering and a solid understanding of identity and access management technologies such as SSO, SAML, OIDC and IDP and is experienced with Active Directory, Okta or other identity providers
- Experience administering the Atlassian product suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Can code with at least one of the following programming languages - Python, Ruby, Java
- Has worked with orchestration tools such as Workato, Rundeck or similar
It would also be great (but not essential) for you to have:
- Experience with AWS Redshift, AWS IAM, AWS SSO, Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with observability tools such as Grafana, Elasticsearch, New Relic, Datadog
- Advanced Excel skills as well as data visualization/BI tools such as Tableau or Domo
The culture at Coupa is why! Coupa is certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser-focused on three core values: ensuring customer success with an obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful, focusing on results with a relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and having a bias for action, and striving for excellence with our commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
At Coupa, we have a solid and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today's dynamic businesses. We celebrate diversity and recognize its value to our customers and employees. Coupa is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.