Senior Product Manager, Data Analysis and Machine Learning
San Mateo, CA
Development – Product Management
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As a Sr Product Manager, Data Analysis and Machine Learning, you will help build and expand our Analytical and Data Science products that are valuable, usable and feasible. You lead our effort to provide our customers better visibility into their spend data. You will define how to embed data-driven prescriptive insights across the entire Coupa suite and leverage Big Data applied to spend management with Community Intelligence. This is a challenging but incredibly rewarding experience for an outstanding Product Manager.
You are an innovator with a strong bias for action and an unwavering commitment to making our customers successful. You are in permanent connection with the business community, engineering and user experience teams. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our executive team on very high visibility projects with primary functional ownership including:
•Analytics solutions to give our customers a holistic view of their spend data
•Prescriptive intelligence solutions across our suite to surface community-based recommendations and help our customers improve their business velocity
•AI-based spend analysis services to support the normalization of data with Data Science and Machine Learning technologies
•Definition of business scenarios where statistical analysis, data modeling and algorithms can yield increased process efficiency, savings or drive new customer value.
You will build products from existing ideas, and help develop new and innovative capabilities based on your industry experience and your connections with customers and prospects. You must possess a blend of business acumen and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You are self-motivated, results-oriented with a can-do attitude. You are able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with developers, architects and quality engineering to define thoughtful, detailed product release requirements. You will work with the marketing team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them crystalize the product positioning, its business value, its key benefits, and target customer(s). You will also evangelize your product offering internally (e.g., sales) and externally (e.g., customers, partners).
- Understand and analyze user needs.
- Explore our existing dataset, and consider additional datasets, to identify new solutions.
- Develop and own the complete set of specifications for the product features.
- Define a product vision and strategy.
- Work with engineers and data scientists to build and launch new features, solve any issues, and manage scope to meet release deadlines.
- Work with UI/UX to help define the best possible user experience
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to determine if the requirements are met
- Must have at least 3 years’ Product Management experience in business Analytics or Machine Learning, preferably with an innovative SaaS/Cloud product company.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in Machine learning/AI-based products with proven ability to apply technology to concrete, valuable use cases.
- Must have experience with Agile software development.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize, summarize, and extract the essence of what matters for each stakeholder.
- Ability to think analytically, build and defend business cases, and sell the product vision.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment, providing strong leadership skills and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep interest in creating and evangelizing data-driven products.
- Articulate and self-confident team player, willing to pitch in to get things done.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with diverse and distributed teams.
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, and goal-driven team player, with creativity and entrepreneurial flair.
- Fast learner able to quickly synthesize ideas, information and options.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience in Startups or Management/Business Consulting is a plus
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.