Software Engineer in Test, Applications
San Mateo, CA
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Write code to automate testing of new functionalities and services using existing architecture and test framework (RSpec, Selenium and Capybara)
- Conduct code reviews to manage code quality of the tests from both Development and the Test Automation team
- Participate in design reviews, analyze and convert requirements into user stories and test scenarios
- Write test plans and test cases for assigned features.
- Partner with the product and Development teams to review planned features and identify the most effective approach for automation.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to define and agree on test scope, strategy and production simulation
- Test APIs – determining scope, objectives, and approach
- Design and develop test for availability, reliability, performance and security
- Evangelize automation and assist other QE team members through mentorship, tutorials, and writing scripts to speed up their manual testing efforts
- Contribute to existing test framework written in Ruby on Rails
- Create/evaluate test tools to improve test process and product quality
- BS in Computer Science with minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Prior experience architecting, building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks
- Excellent Programming skills in one of the languages: Ruby on Rails, Python, Go
- Proven record of building solid test plans and test automation solutions
- Experience interacting/collaborating with cross teams (development, product management, customer support)
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Passion and drive for automation and sound engineering practice
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.