Senior Account Director, Enterprise Accounts
Sales – Sales
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Exceed annual sales targets
- Develop an Enterprise Account Plan for each enterprise account, then drive the execution of that plan to success
- Prospecting, building pipeline and selling Coupa cloud-based spend management solutions to enterprise Coupa clients
- Engage with C-level prospects to position Coupa’s enterprise value proposition and quarterback the deal to closure
- Adopt the concept of Business Value Selling within the context of the Challenger Sale model
- Provide pro-active, trusted thought leadership to target accounts
- Co-sell with Resellers and Alliance Partners as needed (Resellers and Partners are acquired and managed by the Coupa Alliances team out of Coupa headquarters in San Mateo, CA, and in locations around the globe)
- Orchestrate client and internal teams to collaboratively build Joint Vision Roadmaps outlining the value that Coupa will deliver and the investments the client will need to make
- Create and execute Field Sales Campaigns to create demand
- Develop and deliver world-class Executive Sales proposals to C-level prospects
- Implement our Coupa Sales Best Practices
- Forecasting accurately (benchmark +/- 10%)
- Maintain the system of record in Salesforce.com
- Develop and deliver world class Executive Sales proposals to C-level prospects
- Engage with C-level prospects to position Coupa’s enterprise value proposition and drive deals to closure
- Adopt the concept of Business Value Selling within the context of the Challenger Sale model (http://www.executiveboard.com/exbd-resources/content/challenger/index.html)
- Align overall value messaging targeted towards the chief economic buyer in target accounts
- Build out an account penetration model that encourages multi-angle access into key accounts
- Minimum 10+ years of direct sales experience in the software industry
- The eligible candidate should be able to demonstrate a successful career with extensive direct sales and business development experience in the Region, and should be able to provide direct references in the Region who can attest to the acclaimed experience
- Consistent track record of achieving / exceeding sales quota (on premise and SaaS)
- Strong executive presence – very comfortable with C-level executives, especially CFOs
- Expertise in managing multi-stakeholder sales cycles and closing large deals
- Ability to prospect within greenfield accounts
- Organized and specific experience with enterprise account planning
- Focused on selling business value to Finance and Business stakeholders using ROI and TCO models, rather than competing on “features & functions”
- Ability to identify enterprise client pains and develop unique and compelling value propositions that focus on delivering business value to the client
- Equally successful at engaging with all levels in an organization (bottom up & top down)
- Assertive, Passionate, Consultative, loves to compete and win
- Great at building relationships and working within a team-selling environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with selling SaaS solutions
- Spend management domain expertise desired
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.