Senior Software Engineer _ Ruby on Rails
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Design and develop solutions to implement complex features in Ruby/Rails for Coupa Enterprise SaaS Platform.
- Enforce best practices (unit/automation testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.) and participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code.
- Work in an agile development process to support continuous delivery.
- Work with the Product and Design teams to develop functional, technical design specifications and participate in design discussions.
- Work collaboratively with global engineering teams and cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Provide support for customer escalations and production deployments by debugging, troubleshooting, and resolving application issues.
- Maintain and improve technical documentation and customer support training materials.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process and business
- 6+ year of hands-on experience in enterprise software development using Java, Perl, PHP, Python or equivalent programming language.
- Full stack web development.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum Software Development Life Cycle Models.
- Experience in designing, estimating, and leading the implementation of complex systems.
- Expertise in one or more modern programming languages.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices.
- Willingness to learn Ruby on Rails.
- Self-motivated and passionate at work.
- Strong communication skill
- Enterprise application development experience
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role
- An active Github/Bitbucket/Beanstalk account
- Contributed and launched your own web application deployed on cloud computing platforms (AWS, Rackspace, etc.)
- Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
- Contributed fixes/features to Rails Core, jQuery
- Written and/or maintain a Rails plugin and/or Ruby Gem
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.