Senior Account Director, West Coast Sales - VMS
San Mateo, CA /
Sales – Sales /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
We are looking for a highly energetic and driven sales professional to work as part of a strategic sales overlay team selling Coupa’s cutting edge contingent workforce software solution - Coupa Contingent Workforce (CCW) - to leading US companies based in the West region of the US. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years sales experience, and 10+ years of experience within the contingent workforce space. The successful candidate will have the ability to partner with account executives in qualifying sales opportunities and delivering the Coupa value proposition to decision makers. You will possess sound business acumen, the ability to influence, and a can-do attitude. Coupa is growing a phenomenal rate and with that comes significant career opportunities for consistent performers.
- Exceeding annual sales targets
- Prospect targets and build pipeline specific to the CCW solution
- Engage with a wide range of prospects as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the CCW solution
- Build highly collaborative and effective relationships with various parts of the Coupa organization involved in the sales process, especially Account Executives and the Value Solutions Consulting team
- Engage the market with trusted thought leadership (e.g., white papers, blog posts) pertaining to the contingent workforce space
- Partnering with sales overlay colleagues in developing strategies to continue driving the CCW sales approach to success
- Partner as necessary with marketing on a programmatic campaign-based approach to demand generation
- Provide accurate forecasts (+/- 10%) to the sales organization and executive management
- Meet both monthly and quarterly new meeting, lead qualification, opportunity conversion and closed won objectives
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Coupa’s product line and value proposition
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Coupa’s sales processes and product and service value propositions
- Customer and conference event attendance
- Consistent track record for meeting and exceeding lead generation and sales objectives
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 10+ years of contingent workforce experience (e.g., within a staffing agency, as a SHRO, leading an MSP)
- Ability to access and converse comfortably with C-Level and Senior Director level personnel within the Talent Acquisition, HR, Procurement, and Finance groups, at target prospects
- Proven track record with identifying prospects, successfully closing opportunities, and growing existing relationships
- Highly motivated professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Expertise in managing multi-stakeholder sales cycles and closing large deals
- Ability to prospect within Greenfield accounts
- Ability to identify client pains and develop unique and compelling value propositions that focus on delivering business value to the client
- Assertive, Passionate, Consultative, loves to compete and win.
- Great at building relationships and working within a team-selling environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment.
- Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- Discipline to manage and keep all owned opportunities moving forward, while being able to report on it as necessary
- 20% - 35% travel expected
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.