Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails Application Performance
San Mateo, CA
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The performance engineering group here at Coupa Software is looking for an engineer with experience in developing scalable and high-performing applications. You will apply your expertise to influence our engineering teams in identifying & pursuing performance optimizations of existing products and infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing and developing solutions that improve the performance and reduce the cost of our services.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about performance, to directly impact the experience of users of the Coupa Software platform. You will be working on solving state of the art performance and scalability challenges in a multi-tenant platform supporting users across all Coupa customers. You will be exposed to many different technologies, architectures, and systems hosted in data centers across the globe on many different cloud infrastructures. You are responsible for identifying, proof of concept validation and recommending new technologies that address scalability challenges of Coupa Platform. Come join our performance team and help contribute to the Value as a Service revolution.
- Design and develop object oriented solutions to optimize for performance in Ruby/Rails for Coupa Enterprise SaaS Platform.
- Contribute performance optimizations and refactoring on the entire stack of the Coupa platform
- Advocate Ruby on Rails best practices for performance.
- Contribute POC of new technologies towards scalability and performance.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
- Establish performance benchmarks for the Coupa platform
- 3+ years of work experience in software development
- 3+ years of Full Stack experience
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working experience with web services - REST/SOAP
- Works and communicates well with others
- A self-driven individual
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.