Advanced Support Engineer
Reno, NV /
Services – Support /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
We are looking for an Advanced Support Engineer as a part of our global Technical Support organization. This role will involve skill sets in getting to root cause of complex and/or critical customer issues. You will develop great relationships with the support delivery engineers as well as development and cloud operations teams. You will bring a curious and sharp technical skill set to bear in re-creating customer issues, advising customers on best practices and ensuring the knowledge you learn is well communicated.
- Provide a path to resolution for complex customer facing issue with your technical expertise in triaging cloud based applications while managing customer expectations
- Rapidly become an expert on all Coupa product areas and also act as the technical support liaison to development for one particular functional component
- Share the new insights you learn each day with the team, all support colleagues, and document that information in our knowledge base for customers, partners, and suppliers and, in time, act as a mentor to others
- Influence development and cloud operations via special projects which you will drive customer critical experience issues to resolution
- Gain an understanding of customer use cases in procurement, sourcing, expense, contract management, inventory management, supplier management, and business analytics along with the underlying application and technical platforms which support them with the vision to become a subject matter expert in one area
- We will success in this role by time to resolution, deflection of issues from support and our customer’s experience
- Highly proficient at using numerous tools on your workbench, including Unix/Linux system tools (SSH, SFTP, GREP, etc), Cloud Monitoring systems (New Relic, Rightscale, ELK, Grafana), Database monitoring (Innotop), Debugging (Airbrake), REST API calls, along with MySQL Console, PHPMyAdmin, OKTA, Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat) and our Coupa internal control system (Control Next)
- Apply your knowledge of both system and application programming by using Ruby on Rails, SQL, Bash scripts, XML, cXML, XSLT, DOM, HTML, SAML among others and how these work with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Docker, web servers, application servers, and databases.
- Must be fast learner, self-motivated, agile and receptive to constructive feedback. Able to manage multiple issues simultaneously and communicate effectively. English language fluency is a must and fluency in a secondary language would be amazing. Willingness to help during major incidents on shift as well as participate in an on-call rotation is part of the job. Minimal travel may be required.
- Key activities include: review and evaluate support defects; Create, test, and verify functionality to provide relief to customer impacting issues via database changes; Handle or review operational changes to a customer's environment; Discover the root cause of issue as needed and collaborate on the quickest path to resolution
- Ideally, you have a bachelors degree or equivalent, relevant technical field along with 4-6 years experience
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.