Data Quality Engineer
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Understand business functionality and test Coupa’s Data related products.
- Perform thorough Data Analysis: evaluating Data Quality, Test Machine Learning Models & Visualizations, outlier detection and the use of statistical methods to define and monitor valid data ranges.
- Develop test strategies, create test plans, execute test cases – both manually and via automation to test Coupa's data-oriented products, Data Integrations.
- Develop automation strategy to develop automated tests to validate large data sets across products in Coupa.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to analyze, debug and resolve issues.
- Create/Evaluate test tools to improve the test process, test coverage, and quality
- Participate in Sprint planning meeting and daily stand-ups to stay on top of things and report progress
- Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability and provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Analyze the potential impact of the requirement changes, assess risk and be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Continue to improve automation coverage & reduce regression cycles.
- Experience writing complex queries on large customer data sets.
- Strong scripting experience with any of the scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Strong Working experience in Linux.
- Strong hands-on experience working with APIs & API automation.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to drive & collaborate with cross teams.
- Experience working in Agile development processes & working with offshore teams.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions
- BS in CS, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics with 5-7 years of experience in Data Testing.
- Experience working in enterprise cloud BI, Data Integration projects.
- Knowledgeable in Predictive Analytics, machine learning trade-offs and model evaluation.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.