Senior Internal Communications Manager
San Mateo, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa is in search of a Senior Internal Communications Manager to help scale our internal communications efforts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications, this individual will craft and cultivate the stories we share with our employees, and do the hands-on work that makes an impact on our culture and employees. You’ll be an essential communications partner to executives across the business, including our Chief People Officer, helping clearly articulate our employee value proposition and share details about the programs that matter to employees. This individual will play a key role in internal communications as it applies to acquisition related efforts.
The ideal candidate is someone looking for a challenge and is excited to build this program from the ground up. We are looking for equal parts thinker and doer - you must be able to think strategically while managing numerous cross-functional projects. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable proposing new ideas. This person must be a brilliant writer with an innovative and solution-oriented mindset, and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, highly collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Build and execute Coupa’s internal communications strategy to influence, educate, and inform employees around the globe.
- Advise Coupa executives and create ways to communicate key information and motivate employees.
- Ensure communications are compelling and aligned with our desired voice and tone.
- Be a strategic and tactical partner, especially for complicated and sensitive communications affecting the whole company like M&A activities.
- Guide storytelling efforts for key projects across the company and develop compelling campaigns and content to support global initiatives.
- Partner closely with the People team and build a strategy to enrich our global employee base through our learning and development curriculum.
- Write, edit, and collaborate on internal communications including narratives, emails, speaking points, and slide presentations.
- Develop and roll-out a program to track results and measure success.
- 7+ years of internal communications experience while working independently with cross-functional senior executives.
- Proven track record developing and executing compelling internal communications strategies and programs - at scale and around the globe.
- Brilliant short and long form writing and storytelling skills, with an ability to generate and execute "breakout" ideas.
- Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and help shape the internal communications narrative effectively via presentations, scripts, or emails.
- Can quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and subsequently develop clear communications with minimal guidance.
- Confidence and ability to effectively lead, manage, and execute multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-oriented environment.
- Genuine interest in ensuring our internal communication activities align to our culture and values!
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.