Data Scientist, Supply Chain
Scott Air Force Base, IL /
Services – Professional Services /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Utilizing theoretical knowledge of analytics for developing our internal Data Science powered Supply Chain Analytics tool and other analytical software solutions
- Understand the client business problem and chose the appropriate analytical framework for solving the problem
- Prepare and clean data for analysis, using tools like R or Postgres with techniques such as SQL, data mining, statistical outlier detection, and other techniques
- Analyze data and build predictive or optimization models with the data to assist in decision making. The tools for this would Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, Alteryx and would use techniques like supervised machine learning, unsupervised machines learning, and mathematical optimization
- Prepare reports for clients and potential customers that explain the data cleaning and explain the technical work so that the business customer can understand the work done
- Support sales efforts by providing technical expertise
- Support marketing efforts by writing technical white papers, blogs and point-of-view documents
- US Citizenship required; ability to obtain a security clearance (Secret) required.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, or equivalent.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain Consulting roles.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.