Business Value Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Sales – Business Value Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Produce compelling data driven analyses of potential value for our customers based on their spend data.
- Be the subject matter expert on Value Engineering tools and models including Spend Analysis tools used to identify potential opportunities.
- Maintain Coupa Business Value Engineering tools including managing vendor relationships with third-party tool providers.
- Maintain library of benchmark data from third-party sources; conduct periodic research to uncover new benchmarks and data sources.
- Support Coupa Business Value Engineering to create innovative collateral to answer three key questions: “Why do anything?” “Why now?” and “Why Coupa?”
- Build high level analyses of potential value utilizing publicly available financial data.
- Provide support for creating and delivering compelling business cases for mid-market opportunities working with sales and solution consultants.
- Basic data analysis skills such as basic statistics, understanding how to investigate the relationship between variables, identifying trends and correlations in data, and ability to determine the appropriate charts/graphs that provide meaningful insights.
- Basic research skills such as determining appropriate ways to search for and gather information regarding industry studies and external analyst benchmarks, filtering which information and sources are relevant to the project scope, and aligning the findings to data and models used by Coupa
- Strong Excel skills including knowledge of advanced functions such as lookups, conditional programming (i.e., if/then), data validation (e.g., data lists), formatting, and ability to make forms and automated tools that can be used by others in a sales execution environment.
- Strong PowerPoint skills with the ability to create attractive marketing and sales collateral quickly.
- Basic project management skills needed to manage and coordinate projects tasks both internally and with external parties (vendors). This includes creating work plans or project plans, conducting status updates, taking meeting minutes/notes, and proactively following up on open items to ensure completion of tasks.
- Effective communication skills including ability to structure ideas and conversations to effectively present findings from research and analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills including ability to use macros and program using Visual Basic.
- Advanced Data Analysis skills such as probabilistic modeling, multivariate regressions, and experience with big data/machine learning/AI
- Knowledge of basic software programming concepts: Object Oriented Programming, Model-View-Controller frameworks, and APIs
- Knowledge of basic software development life cycle (SDLC) concepts: Agile, Waterfall, etc.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.