Senior Operations Research Consultant, Supply Chain
Scott Air Force Base, IL /
Services – Professional Services /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
This consultant role will work on a client analysis team to provide advanced optimization, simulation, and statistical modeling focused on improving U.S. military transportation and logistics solutions. This position requires creativity and a passion for solving difficult supply chain problems. Work is in the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at the United Stated Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) at Scott Air Force Base.
Additional Job Details
- Leads research and development projects combining operations research, optimization, and simulation; exposure to a wide range of optimization technologies and problems.
- Designs and delivers supply chain management and strategic sourcing solutions using Supply Chain Guru®, government simulation platforms, and other client furnished software.
- Works on project teams, carries out project plans, and participates in development of modeling approaches under the direction of project managers.
- Advances use of business intelligence (IBM COGNOS) capabilities and methods for all client projects
- Understands key performance levers to military/defense customers (on-time delivery, cost, feasibility, etc.) and seeks solutions to improve these metrics.
- Proactively solves problems and communicates project timelines and deliverables clearly.
- Identifies and raises issues that impact project quality, scope, timing, or cost.
- Reviews and validates data, builds and validates models, runs scenarios, and assists in the preparation of client presentations.
- Fully documents modeling approach, data sources, transformations, assumptions, and constraints
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance required (active DOD clearance a plus).
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- Supervisory leadership experience in a technical or analytic position
- Experience in or knowledge of supply chain planning and design (or demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical skills).
- Experience with the application of business intelligence capabilities to enterprise problems (IBM COGNOS experience highly desired)
- Knowledge of the principles of optimization and how optimization is performed using software.
- Understanding of simulation and the differences between optimization and simulation.
- Familiarity with planning, forecasting, transportation, inventory management, and strategic sourcing.
- Strong database skills.
- Ideal candidate would have some previous supply chain consulting experience.
- Prior military/defense logistics experience (Government/civilian/contractor) strongly desired.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.