Senior Product Manager, Mobile
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Product Management /
Through the power of trillions of dollars in business spend, Coupa’s mission is to unlock our customers' full potential to do well and do good, anchored in our shared belief that we are smarter together. Our customers, suppliers, and employees- our Coupanians- come together to co-create ideas and innovations that impact the power of spend.
As Senior Product Manager for Coupa’s mobile team, you’ll help define and build products that are valuable, usable and feasible. You sit in the middle of the business community, engineering team and user experience team, and are the voice of the customer. Your responsibilities range from increasing the value of existing products to developing new products for the company. You’ll build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new and innovative ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their pain points, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Drive the vision, roadmap planning and execution of Coupa’s mobile products for iOS and Android, both short-term through the next several months in detail, as well as mapping out the next year or two
- Collaborate with partners in engineering and UX to design and deliver features that expand what the global Coupa community can do on-the-go with Coupa’s Business Spend Management platform
- Balance innovation, customer and market needs to deliver delightful, useful and clear experiences
- Manage the entire product life cycle: strategic planning, roadmap, feature design, development support, go-to-market, and field support
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment between Mobile and the wider Coupa organization
- Negotiate and advocate with other teams to solve cross-product needs
- Work with localization, documentation and engineering to support an international market with region-specific regulations and taxes
- Represent the product internally and externally, with occasional travel and presentations—both internally, and to customers with wide ranging user needs and levels of sophistication.
- You have 3-5 years of Product Management experience in an innovative SaaS/Cloud product company
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You’re a hands-on learner with a history of quickly mastering complex new areas
- You know your market, customers and competition
- You understand the importance of UX, and you prioritize and drive toward highly usable, well-designed solutions with clear UX standards
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and use analysis and facts to help make decisions
- You understand the importance of solid engineering, testing, prioritizing the bug backlog, and managing technical debt
- You balance team, company and external priorities, and make effective and well-reasoned tradeoffs
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a technical degree is preferred; MBA a strong plus. Or equivalent work experience
Like to have:
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS software or with areas of business spend management like sourcing, contracts, procurement, expensing or payments
- Software product design skills and experience
- Strong fundamentals with mobile app development, agile software development, Jira, Confluence, iOS, Android and all that bread ‘n’ butter stuff
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to commute to our San Mateo, CA office.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $144,500-170,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
The culture at Coupa is why! Coupa is certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser-focused on three core values: ensuring customer success with an obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful, focusing on results with a relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and having a bias for action, and striving for excellence with our commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
At Coupa, we have a solid and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today's dynamic businesses. We celebrate diversity and recognize its value to our customers and employees. Coupa is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.