Director, Customer Marketing
San Mateo, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa is looking for a Director of Customer Marketing to lead our customer-centric engagement and advocacy programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Marketing, this person will be responsible for managing a high performing team of customer marketers who develop, nurture, and activate customer relationships that promote brand engagement and advocacy. In this role, you and your team will grow our community of Coupa Champions for reference activities, while working cross-functionally to showcase our best customer stories through a variety of deliverables including: event features, written success stories, videos, and speaking opportunities. Our ideal candidate understands the power of customer advocacy to drive loyalty, community, and inspiration.
- Chart the course and lead Coupa’s Customer Marketing team to build a rich customer story pipeline.
- Grow customer engagement in the Coupa Champions program to cultivate our community of advocates.
- Establish customer marketing strategies to identify, develop, and promote compelling stories that help to educate prospects, build confidence in our brand, and accelerate sales.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment to proactively plan and secure top customers for events, press releases, speaking engagements, analyst reports, and interviews, etc.
- Manage high-touch relationships with strategic customer executives for participation in executive advocacy programs.
- Report on customer reference activity, including reference gaps, program performance, and revenue influence - and take action to continuously improve.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of B2B Marketing experience, with at least 5-7 in Customer Marketing or a customer-focused marketing role.
- Experience building customer reference and advocacy programs including program strategy, customer reference processes, customer engagement programs, and storytelling strategy.
- Positive and inspirational leader able to manage, mentor, and develop a high performing customer marketing team.
- Proven track record of working effectively with C-Suite customers on advocacy programs from initial pitch to final approval to delivery of marketing outcomes.
- Solid understanding of marketing planning, budgeting, and driving results.
- Commitment to ensuring customer success, focusing on results, and striving for excellence.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and passionate about creating customer advocacy
- Background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.