Software Engineer, Data Platform
San Diego, CA
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
We are looking for a strong engineer with data science and statistics background and experience to join the core data platform team at Coupa.
- Scale and grow Coupa’s big data platform
- Develop data oriented applications
- Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Develop internal tools and processes to assist in utilizing data throughout the organization
- Support and advise internal teams on how to integrate big data into their projects and practices
- Programming experience with Python or Ruby
- Experience with web application development
- Fluency in SQL and database technologies
- The ability to communicate clearly and interact with a wide range of teams(
- Experience with EC2 and AWS, particularly in large scale deployments
- Experience with data storage and querying technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and Redshift
- Ruby (Ruby on Rails)
- AWS (EMR, EC2, RDS, S3)
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.