Lead Software Engineer in Test
Pune, India /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Lead Software development engineer in test is a technical lead with strong quality mindset. He/She must be able to contribute to the development of concepts, methods, and techniques for white box and black box automated test cases and build frameworks to execute and report the same. A Lead SDET's should own architecture and design of test automation framework and coach/mentor other people across teams to adopt the same. They need to possess exceptionally strong programming skills coupled with a leadership mindset to always strive for excellence and lead the QE organization towards greater heights.
- BS/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- 8+ years core development experience with a minimum of 3-4 years as SDET
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience in the creation of test frameworks using open source automation tools.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts, and applications across web/cloud-based technologies.
- Hands-on in writing clean code quickly in languages like Java, Python, Ruby, and code review techniques
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes, and project management techniques.
- Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD and BDD), the Cucumber framework, Selenium, Capybara, Appium, Calabash
- REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads
- Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Establish quality engineering, automation testing, and continuous integration practices with an emphasis on back-end APIs and systems integration
- Work with multiple teams spread across geographies for continuous improvements, innovate and own initiatives and ensure those are adopted and rolled out successfully.
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts at both Unit and integration level. (Controller and UI)
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Works on ongoing projects and assignments of diverse scope apply broader knowledge of industry standards/practices and own complete quality for module/s with minimal to no supervision needed.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create the strategy and technical design for quality delivery and help others on same within and across teams.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups and work with teams to mitigate any blockers and adopt to changing needs in a fast-moving environment.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.