SOX Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
G&A – Finance
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Manage and own the SOX project plan, ensuring efficient and timely execution of all stages of the SOX program
- Improve the design of the processes to help scale the company
- Perform scoping and materiality assessment to identify significant accounts and key controls, including qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Collaborate with process owners to update narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices as the business grows and processes change
- Develop appropriate procedures, create a testing plan, and perform SOX testing of key controls for relevant business processes
- Coordinate SOX planning and testing with external auditors, including leading walkthroughs, providing evidence, and maintaining sufficient documentation
- Appropriately document exceptions and deficiencies, including working with process owners to develop and execute a remediation plan
- Lead the creation of SOX reporting to management
- Manage the ongoing improvement and innovation of the SOX program
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license preferred
- 6 - 8 years of experience with SOX compliance for multi-national public technology company and/or Big 4 experience
- Experience with leadership and ability to manage a team
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all levels of management, external auditors, and all functions of the company
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing an audit project plan from beginning to end
- Understanding of US GAAP, SOX requirements, COSO framework, and the audit process
- Creative and innovative team player with an understanding of the interconnectivity of the business processes and their effects on the control environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality results
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.