Software Engineer - Travel
Seattle, Washington, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As an engineer for Coupa's Travel team, you'll help build world class travel products that are valuable, usable and feasible. Travel is a new and growing product at Coupa making this an incredible opportunity to join a talented and growing team. Learn more about Coupa Travel & Expense here!
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions.
- Be a great agile team member
- Lead key initiatives to improve our product and team
- Writing code!
- White-boarding the benefits and disadvantages of various approaches to an architecture decision.
- Testing initial prototypes with the product team to solicit feedback and iterate on the next version.
- Reviewing your code, architecture, and style decisions with other engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- A background in front-end web development and/or API development.
- Some experience with writing and reading SQL.
- Comfortability with developing against and contributing to a Node/Express.js backend.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in Washington: $95,500-118,500
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, accrued vacation days for non-exempt employees, catered in-office lunches… And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.