Senior Corporate Counsel, Global Data Protection
Dublin, Ireland /
G&A – Legal /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa Software is seeking an experienced data privacy attorney to serve the company on a world-wide level. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a globally dispersed legal team and add immediate value to Coupa, one of the fastest growing publicly traded Cloud companies. As the global data privacy specialist within Coupa’s growing legal team, this challenging role will encompass a wide range of data protection matters, especially in the context of the Coupa platform and Coupa’s internal operations. This role shall preferably be based out of Coupa’s EMEA office in Dublin, Ireland and/or any of Coupa’s EMEA regional offices. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of proactivity and possess a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects, sometimes under pressure, remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
On a daily basis you will
- Inform, advise and issue recommendations to the company while providing hands-on practical legal support regarding compliance with respect to GDPR and other emerging data privacy laws such as CCPA;
- Foster and support Coupa’s data protection culture and further develop Coupa’s data protection compliance initiatives;
- Advise the company regarding: (i) appropriate data protection impact assessments, (ii) effective data protection methodology and systems, (iii) legal and operational safeguards, (iv) use of third parties, and related tasks;
- Assist with maintaining records of processing operations thus enabling compliance monitoring;
- Offer consultation on a broad range of data protection queries and issue management;
- Work with business executives and other departments’ stakeholders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise in the area of data protection;
- Tasks will be varied, and may include conducting audits, drafting documents, providing training and developing policies and processes that will scale as the company grows.
Our Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR;
- Experience in data protection program management (experience with a US-based company and/or cloud services/SaaS business model is a plus);
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills required and other language(s) highly desirable;
- Proven years of relevant and in-house experience preferred
- Fast learning, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate with various internal and external stakeholders, including with data subjects, data protection authorities, other controllers and processors across national boundaries and cultures;
- Strong ability to handle information and business affairs with secrecy and confidentially as appropriate, combined with a talent to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels;
- Detail oriented, well organised and technically adept;
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems;
- Accredited law degree and a current license
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management
processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as
well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive
health benefits for employees and their families, a flexible work environment…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.