Sr. Manager, Data Operations
San Mateo, CA /
G&A – Finance /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As the Sr. Manager, Data Operations you will be responsible for leading data management initiatives to support Coupa’s business objectives. In this dynamic role you will be responsible for defining and creating the infrastructure for the master data management program as well as managing ad-hoc data operations activities. You will directly manage a team of data management professionals and support their growth. In this cross-functional role, you will work with multiple departments and stakeholders including go-to-market, operations, and data engineering functions. The ideal candidate is hands-on, willing to roll up their sleeves on all data management projects regardless of scope, and exhibits a strong bias for action with attention to detail.
- Determine Coupa’s current baseline and maturity related data operations by mapping Coupa’s current collection, use, reuse and forms of data across the organization.
- Work with other operations team members and departments to help articulate and deliver the overarching business vision for data management and intelligence. Coordinate internal discussions and be accountable for the associated result.
- Provide day-to-day ownership and project manage data operations activities including data quality/data management support cases in Salesforce and other ad-hoc requests.
- Directly support a team of data management and data quality specialists.
- Develop infrastructure to realize opportunities in predictive analytics, statistical modeling and automation.
- Identify areas for improvement. Create procedures, team, and policies to support near real time clean data, where applicable, or in a batch and close process, where applicable.
- Work closely with respective managers, shared services team, and FP&A leadership to gain insight into short and long-tern needs, issues, and problems.
- Manage overall master data operations ensuring adherence to data quality metrics by establishing standard operation procedures and best practices/playbooks.
- Champion the advocacy and adoption of enterprise data assets for analytics and advanced analytics through optimal operating models
- Responsible for defining, measuring, monitoring and reporting of key data quality metrics to support corporate vision.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholder to frame, structure and prioritize business data needs.
- Develop data quality standards and processes across multiple domains.
- Support M&A activities including the successful integration of CRM data with an emphasis on data quality.
- 8+ years of experience and proven capabilities in the data domain with a strong business and/or technical background in the areas of Master Data Management, Data Quality and Data Governance.
- Track record of successfully deploying master data, operations, and/or data governance programs within a high growth SaaS company.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and exposure to the following Master data concepts: data cleansing & standardization process, data integration & data enrichment, hierarchy management, go-to-market alignment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Previous leadership experience including supporting and managing a team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively between multiple levels of the organization.
- Experience working effectively with technical teams including data engineering/data architecture; strong ability to define requirements and partner with technical teams from initial design to implementation.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.