Sr. Product Manager - Payments
San Mateo, CA
Development – Product Management
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Coupa Pay team is a small and fast-paced team within Coupa, that is looking to deliver best in class payment, financing, and card solutions to our hundreds of customers across their millions of suppliers. You will be able to deliver value that hasn’t been seen in our space before: marrying the latest technologies in FinTech to the world’s banking systems. It’s a fantastic opportunity to leverage your domain and technical skills for a platform that serves some of the largest companies in the world in a highly transactional system, solving a number of key business workflows.
As an Product Manager for Coupa Pay, you’ll help us define and build products that will define the next generation B2B payments application. You sit in the middle of the business community, the engineering team, and the user experience team and are the voice of the customer. Your responsibilities range from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You’ll build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new and innovative ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their pain points and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You’re able to communicate with all areas of the company. You’ll work with developers and quality engineering to define product release requirements. You’ll work with the marketing team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You’ll also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Develop a set of specifications for the Coupa Pay family of products.
- Help to define a product vision and strategy.
- Understand and analyze user needs.
- Work with engineers to build and launch new features, solve any issues, and manage scope to meet release deadlines.
- Work with UI/UX to help define the best possible user experience
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to determine if the requirements are met
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in a customer-facing role with strong speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy with a strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment, providing strong leadership skills and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep interest in creating and analyzing products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication and interpersonal skills.
- A cross-functional influencer with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with diverse teams (e.g., Software Engineering, both local and offshore)
- Experience in the B2B payments, supply chain finance, or credit card industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, computer science or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.