Sourcing Analyst - Remote
United States /
Sales – Coupa Advantage /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Core to how Coupa creates value for our customers is leveraging the power of the Coupa community. Through the Coupa Community we enable our customers to realize value far greater than what they can do on their own. One of the most strategic ways in which the Community creates value is Coupa’s Source Together program.
Source Together is an application designed to facilitate our customer’s ability to jointly conduct strategic sourcing activities and leverage their collective buying power to maximize savings and overall value.
As a member of Coupa’s Source Together Program, the Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for enhancing the overall value delivered to Coupa’s customers by planning, managing and executing all analytics activities related to ongoing sourcing events. This involves having the ability to cleanse, consolidate and visualize large data sets, and involves running effective category and sourcing analyses on customer data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support sourcing events by delivering required category analyses, sourcing reports and savings projections.
- Continually analyze spend across Coupa’s customers and uncover trends that help generate new sourcing event opportunities.
- Analyze spend data received from prospects as needed to derive insights into potential sourcing savings.
- Use BI tools including but not limited to Tableau to create standard processes that drive a high volume of relevant analyses.
- Perform QA activities to ensure data analysis meets acceptable standards, and institutionalize improvements where necessary.
- Support the maintenance of tools and assets created by the Source Together team.
- Establish processes and tools for monitoring value/savings, benchmarking, and driving ongoing optimization.
- Execute simple sourcing events as necessary.
- Minimum 2 years of BI/ETL experience.
- Basic data analysis skills such as basic statistics, understanding how to investigate the relationship between variables, identifying trends and correlations in data, and ability to determine the appropriate charts/graphs that provide meaningful insights.
- Experience of working with a BI tool eg. Omniscope, Tableau, QlikView, Cognos, Birst, Microsoft PowerBI, Alteryx
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including knowledge of advanced functions such as lookups, conditional programming (i.e., if/then), data validation (e.g., data lists), formatting, and ability to make forms and automated tools that can be used by others in a sales execution environment.
- Basic understanding of strategic sourcing and the ability to execute sourcing events. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to structure ideas and conversations to effectively present findings from research and analysis.
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervisionAbility to present complex ideas in a clear and concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload to achieve required timescales.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting, engineering, information management, data science, or economics.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced data analytics skills with Excel, SQL and Sourcing/BI tools.
- Experience with AI and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with a computer programming language and understanding logic.
- Management consulting experience with a focus in strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Experience in strategic sourcing, category management, and procurement.
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting, engineering, information management, data science, or economics.
- Strong project management discipline and skills including developing project plans, preparing status updates, taking meeting minutes/notes, and proactively following up on open items to ensure completion of tasks.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.