San Mateo, CA /
Development – Engineering - Americas / Europe / Asia /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- An Principal Engineer/Architect is a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement and support products and product components on a predictable schedule.
- Capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Experienced in designing application-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems.
- Sound functional knowledge of enterprise application architecture in Spend Management domain including Procurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
- Lead the design and development of new reusable architecture components and major functional upgrades for the most advanced capabilities of the Coupa Application Platform.
- Document the solutions leveraging existing standards and create new templates where required; present them to project specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skills are imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed.
- Work with peers to sponsor the design and architectural changes with a goal of delivering value to customers at every phase of development and implementation of that design.
- Work alongside of Development and Product Managers to review and/or create the feature designs for the major/minor releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenance releases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer facing issues.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers, designers and developers.
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support and Operations, to ensure success of overall software development, implementation and deployment.
- 8+ years system implementation experience in a large IT organization with large, complex enterprise system implementations
- 8+ years of experience developing business applications
- 5+ years defining high level design for one or more business domains.
- 5+ years of experience interpreting and predicting outcomes of existing business processes and current technology solutions.
- Broad knowledge of middleware/application integration products
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies
- Master’s (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Extra Considerations Given To:
- Experience in building large scale business applications
- Experience with architecting third-party developer frameworks
- Experience with designing for an enterprise multi-tenant system
- Experience developing with containers, micro-services and message queues
- Experience with refactoring and modularizing legacy applications
- Experience designing solutions with heterogeneous technology stacks
- Contributed and launched web application deployed on cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.