Principal Product Manager - Marketplace & Business Community
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Product Management /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
We are looking for a product leader to transform how businesses discover opportunities, connect and transact together on Coupa, through our extended business community and marketplace.
We have more than 8 million businesses transacting with Coupa customers. A large number has already created rich profiles and accounts on our Coupa Supplier Portal.
This portal is morphing into a business community where organizations can discover new growth opportunities, expand relationships with Coupa buyers and leverage our market intelligence powered by Community.ai to optimize the success of their offerings.
In addition to our market-leading transaction capabilities, we have recently launched a Verified Suppliers program, opened access to public sourcing events, built a directory of diverse suppliers, created shareable business profiles, and leveraged our community data to prescribe connections and links across companies.
Together, let’s make Coupa the place where business happens, combining growth hacking, matchmaking and transactability. This is a challenging, but incredibly rewarding experience for an outstanding Product Manager.
The Principal Product Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead our new suppliers and marketplace initiatives and work closely with Product Strategy, Engineering and Marketing with a product-led growth mindset
- Deliver new consumerized experiences for Coupa's 8M+ suppliers and business partners at large.
- Strengthen and expand our suite of transactional, business, and community capabilities
- Manage an innovative roadmap for improving supplier experiences with multi-modal technologies (mobile/chat) and AI-based intelligence
- Identify new business and technology partnerships.
- Quickly implement new products and features through co-innovation with our customer and business partner community, with UX and user research teams.
- Define, track and be accountable for our success metrics around network effects and community growth.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years’ Product Management experience in SaaS. Consumer software experience highly desired.
- Experience with use case definition, backlog management and Agile methodology
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, present business cases, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills in executing multiple projects simultaneously and collaborating with diverse and distributed teams.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred
- Experience in Startups or Management/Business Consulting is a plus
Leadership & Personal Characteristics:
- Orientation towards making products and processes easy and simple for users.
- Business acumen to sense trends in the market and in technology.
- Creativity, user experience savviness, excitement for innovation.
- Comfort with a lean culture where people get more done with less.
- Data-driven, with ability to communicate complex problems in simple terms.
- Innovator with a strong bias for action and commitment to customer success
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $143,500-183,500
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.