Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Reading, United Kingdom /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa has beautiful offices in Forbury Place, Reading - just 3 mins walk from Reading station. We benefit from having an onsite cafe offering free lunches to Coupa employees, as well as an array of free snacks and refreshments throughout the office.
Our company has a flexible policy that allows you to work from home a large part of the time if you wish.
Coupa Software is a high-growth SaaS Cloud company and market leader in the BSM (Business Spend Management) space. We are in a major growth phase and wish to expand our Software Quality Engineering team with mid and lead level Engineers in the UK. The core responsibility is to ensure sophisticated software changes are delivered safely, so that our contract lifecycle management platform remains robust and continues to add value to customers. Coupa’s CLM platform is built in Java/Ruby and React and helps customers minimize contract risk by streamlining their contract process and increasing value.
You will join a team of 15 Quality Engineers spread across the UK, US, India and Canada that work closely with product and development teams to clarify requirements, ensure testability and collaborate on enhancing functional and technical design. This team forms part of a larger CLM Engineering team made up of 40 Engineers.
You will bring a critical thinking approach to your day-to-day activities, carrying out functional and non-functional testing, working with the likes of Java/Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, TDD/BDD, Gatling, JMeter and Jenkins.
Coupa operates an open and autonomous environment, where employees are challenged and critical thinking is encouraged. Our inverted organization structure means we support our employees, not manage them. This is core to our culture, and we do everything we can to champion an ambitious, entrepreneurial spirit within our team as we strive for personal and organizational excellence.
As a Software Quality Engineer you will:
- Work closely with development to facilitate unit and integration testing.
- Consistently contribute to improving the test automation infrastructures (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ArgoCD).
- Implement and help the team adopt best automation practices to maintain quality.
- Design robust automation test scripts at both Unit and integration level. (Controller and UI).
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process.
We’re looking for a Software Quality Engineer who has:
- Strong experience in developing automation frameworks using Java and/or Ruby.
- UI testing experience.
- A want to work in a cloud environment.
- The ability to participate in code reviews.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills.
It would also be phenomenal (but not crucial) for you to have:
- Experience in creating and leading test strategies.
- Experience writing performance tests in Gatling and/or JMeter, or desire to learn.
- A good understanding of performance testing, or desire to learn.
- Experience working in TDD, BDD environments, or desire to learn.
- Experience in creating CI pipelines in Teamcity or Jenkins, or the desire to learn.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and/or AWS
Coupa is offering a generous basic salary, in addition to which you will also receive:
- 10% Bonus
- Highly attractive RSU’s (stock units)
- Bupa - for you and dependants
- Pension - 5% employer / 5% employee matching
- Life and Income Protection
- 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Volunteer Time Off
Humans of Coupa:
Humans of Coupa is a video series initiative focused on the people building a great technology brand and how storytelling, diversity of thought, and authenticity foster meaningful connections across our community. Our culture is founded on our people.
Check out the stories of Coupa employees in our Humans of Coupa section.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, accrued vacation days for non-exempt employees, catered in-office lunches… And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.