Sr. Director/ Director, IT
San Mateo, CA /
G&A – Information Technology /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Senior Director, IT is responsible for driving Information Technology architecture, operations, systems governance, strategic direction, oversight and growth of Coupa’s IT infrastructure. The Senior Director, identifies appropriate technologies and manages key IT initiatives. The Senior Director, is instrumental in shaping the vision, direction, and development of technologies aligning with strategic goals of Coupa.
- Essential to achieving strategic initiatives, the Senior Director, leads by example, demonstrating the key leadership skills including accountability, collaboration, prioritization skills and delivers results.
- Partner with stakeholders to define a technology vision and strategic roadmap that simplifies and accelerates the pace with which our business takes advantage of technology innovations
- Develops, prioritizes and leads strategic IT infrastructure & operations planning to help achieve the vision, goals and objectives related to information technology and systems.
- Develops and establishes annual budgets, plans, policies, IT organization best practices and approaches for Infrastructure Technologies.
- Directs testing and develops procedures for disaster recovery, network and system changes
- Leads the development and implementation of long-term strategic information system goals
- Focused on planning, assessment of new technologies, deployment to ensure optimal interoperability and value creation
- Acquisition integration(s) and due diligence as needed
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention and organization of staff in accordance with budget and personnel policies
- Manages and directs Infrastructure Technology teams - network, telecom, storage, and systems
- Acts as a mentor to his direct reports
- Creates and reviews monthly reports
- Perform research, stays up-to-date, and makes recommendations regarding new technologies, industry trends, infrastructure best practices, tools and techniques
- Creates and reviews all policies and procedures for IT infrastructure group
- Works closely with the information security team to ensure compliance with all security requirements including HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC, GDPR & SOX regulations
- Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and plans serving as the Infrastructure subject matter expert; assessing cost and feasibility
- Manages the IT portion of all audits, both internal and external. Works with Internal Audit to ensure effective compliance testing
- Manages vendor relationships with relevant IT suppliers
- B.A. in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or other related business field
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in information technology with ten years of prior management experience
- Experience supporting organizations of 3,000+ employees
- Financial acumen in terms of budgeting and expense management
- Proven ability to recruit, retain, and motivate highly skilled technical teams
- Understands technology at a detailed level but can express concepts simply
- Ability to inspire teams to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Strong technical skills especially in the technologies in use at the company
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.