Director, Business Strategy/Value Engineering
United States /
Sales – Business Value Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Engage with Mid-market Prospects as a subject matter expert on financial value and business impact to grow Coupa’s deal size, reduce sales cycle times and increase win rates
- Build collaborative and compelling business cases for Executives / CEOs / Board to answer “Why do anything?”, “Why now?”, “Why Coupa?”
- Continuously refine Coupa’s financial value-based selling methodology including tools, deliverables, offerings
- Educate and coach Coupa’s Mid-market Sales Organization on how to implement this methodology successfully into Target Accounts
- As an integral part of Worldwide Sales, work very closely with Sales Management, Sales Directors, Product Management, Alliances and Marketing to support and drive regional initiatives to improve pipeline generation and subscription revenue
- Execute business value assessment workshops in key accounts
- Manage multiple such engagements at the same time under tight timelines
- Deliver world-class C-level Executive proposals and presentation materials with improved strategic messaging and content targeting C-level Economic Buyers
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal teams including Sales, Pre-Sales, Services
- Develop multi-level sales strategies and methodologies for targeted account penetration activities; help design field sales campaigns against targeted verticals or competitive take-out targets; develop content, materials and sales enablement programs for key target verticals; develop and improve competitive positioning and messaging to enable the sales team
- Continuously innovate Coupa’s value selling tools including ROI calculators, TCO models
- Proactively contribute to Coupa’s Value-as-a-Service based IP including performance metrics benchmarking, and thought leadership
SKILLS and EXPERIENCES needed:
- Strong customer facing skills, Executive presence with the ability to build credibility and trust with Senior Executives and VP/Director/Manager/Analysts levels within customer accounts
- 3-5 years of experience in a Value engineering, Consulting, or Pre-sales role
- Project management and multi-tasking skills that involves strong collaboration with both customers as well as internal resources
- Ability to scale and translate best practices into trainable and coachable programs and materials for Sales, Pre-Sales, Alliances, Marketing, Customer Success teams within Coupa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – crisp and effective
- Advanced degree in economics, finance, or related field strongly preferred
- Experience with working with Sales Management and Field Sales
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and hunger to win, succeed and strive for excellence
- Position is remote, Central US preferred
- Minimal travel required
Minimum salary of $110,700 + bonus + equity + benefits.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.