Lead Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Help scale our platform as we expand and find the right balance between the power of the Rails monolith and flexibility of microservices
- Work with the Product and Design teams to build new features to solve business problems and fill business needs
- Create and maintain reusable components and libraries to support all areas of the application.
- Guide architecture through mentoring and evangelism of best practices
- Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
- Communicate and coordinate with our support and professional services teams to solve customer issues
- Expert knowledge of any one of Ruby, Go, Python
- Strong experience with any one MVC framework like Rails, Django.
- Love for designing and programming web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with a wide variety of systems and integrating APIs from third-parties
- Experience working collaboratively with a distributed team
- Someone who keeps up with new trends and developments in the programming community and is eager to find ways to incorporate these new ideas into our codebase
- MySQL and general database knowledge, including performance and optimization
- Solid knowledge of test-driven development and CI
- Experience with agile methodologies
- An active GitHub account
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.