Deal Desk Analyst
Dublin, Ireland /
G&A – Finance /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Financial Analyst, EMEA is a key member of Coupa’s Finance Operations Team and will report
directly to the Manager, EMEA Deal Desk. The qualified candidate will assist in managing the EMEA Deal
Desk function and support the Sales team in successfully advising on Coupa’s products and services
This is position which requires interaction with staff members across sales, marketing, product
management, finance, support, legal, and professional services. Success in this role will require
establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups, building on collaboration and
business skills to assess requests and find solutions that meet stakeholder needs. A successful candidate
will have the drive and ability to proactively and effectively work together with all organizational levels
within a fast-moving high-tech company, particularly interfacing between Sales teams and internal
We are looking for a results-driven, self-starter to join our team. The successful candidate will display an
aptitude for numbers, good communication skills, energy and an ability to think on their feet. This
individual will be a trusted advisor to the sales team while ensuring all deals meet the regulatory,
auditable and financial controls that Coupa has established. Experience is not necessary, but a positive
attitude is key and ambition to develop a career in the financial area of Sales Operations.
The main function of the Deal Desk is to provide guidance to the Sales teams in the development of
proposals and quotes for existing and prospective customers to ensure that Coupa is able to win deals,
increase market share and grow the revenue stream from Coupa’s Cloud offerings.
The position plays a key role in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of sales
training and enablement programs that aim at deal structuring, pricing, quoting, contract management,
revenue optimization and competitive win programs. This position will require significant multi-tasking
and willingness to take on various sales-related analysis as assigned.
On a daily basis you will.....
- Assist in managing the EMEA Deal Desk function by working with the field sales team in deal structuring, quoting and pricing, special terms and exception approvals management.
- Work with Finance to ensure all deals have the appropriate booking packages. This includes fully executable agreements and proof of delivery.
- Assist the field organization during the customer/contracting lifecycle, from Lead-to-Quote, Contract-to-Order, as well as Booking-to-Renewal/Cross-sell/Up-sell.
- Participate in the review of, and response to RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s
- Establish and enforce contracting guidelines and methodology; work with corporate functions to develop and train field operations on best practices for fulfilling standard as well as non-standard deals, including communications to sales, services and management teams on contracting best practices.
- Assist in training sales and channel partners on pricing, quoting and contracting models as well as consult with field teams on specific contracts where appropriate.
- Identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues and continuously improve business processes and systems.
- Ensure and manage data quality in SFDC for all proposed and closed quotes/deals. This includes special customer pricing, customer entitlements, and deal amounts.
Our ideal candidate....
- BS/BA required.
- Work experience in a related field a plus.
- Primary language English. Must be fluent in German, both speaking and written.
- Other multilingual language skills a plus, French, Italian, Dutch.
- Strong analysis skills as well as program and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Strong excel skills a must.
- Experience with business intelligence, reporting & analytics tools; Salesforce.com (SFDC) a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth company in a high impact role.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management
processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as
well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive
health benefits for employees and their families, a flexible work environment…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.