Senior QE Engineer, Localization
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Hands on creation and execution of manual and automated test cases, documenting test plans, verifying new i18n and l10n features in Web software.
- Create and use command-line driven scripts and other automation to reduce repetitive file-level or GUI verification tasks.
- Create new and review/verify backlog issue tickets, adding valid steps, environment, screenshots, English and corresponding translation info, other critical details.
- Sanity check translation refresh deliveries to insure new product areas and languages appear in right language, encoding, locale formatting, layout, etc.
- Code-review and deploy incoming translations, i18n test tools, i18n test automation, etc. onto test servers for use by QE across products.
- Plan and collaborate in Native Language Review process, preparing test systems and data, logging/tracking linguistic improvement feedback.
- Maintain Language Quality Kit and/or use TMS to collaborate with translation vendors, translators, customers on language issues and feedback.
- Verify new and custom i18n and l10n features built into our core framework and share tests with other teams using this technology.
- Work across teams to guide their inclusion, documentation, execution of i18n and l10n test cases in test plans in their products
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Linguistic or Language Studies, or relevant courses/training in Software Localization Engineering or QA
- 5-10 years Quality Assurance Engineering experience, with at least 2-4 years of Web/Cloud/SAAS product i18n or l10n testing.
- 1-5 years study of 2 or more foreign languages, excellent English skills and working knowledge of at least 1 other Western or Far Eastern language
- Knowledge of Internationalization, Localization, and Translation fundamentals, as well as Linguistic and Cultural considerations for software.
- Skilled spotting/documenting issues, risks, problems in English software that is a Quality risk for downstream Translation and Localization.
- Consideration of risks changing Language, Data formatting, Layout, Functionality, to understand and discover related issues in localized Web software.
- Familiar with SQL, CSV import/export, JSON, XML, .YML, .PROPERTIES, .STRING file usage, structure, syntax, related to i18n and l10n usage.
- Familiarity with character encodings, locale and script considerations, resource file formats, HTML and other string formatting syntax
- Experience with TMS or CAT tools (eg. XTM Cloud, Memsource, Cloudwords, Smartling, Trados, Passolo, etc.) and related workflow.
- Experience using Bug Tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.) esp. entering, finding, tracking i18n and l10n issues.
- Experience extending Automation framework (Cucumber, Selenium, Capybara, etc.) to provide i18n and l10n related coverage.
- Familiar with Git, Github, TeamCity, Jenkins or other integration tools, process and workflow for code check-in, review, deployment.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management
processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as
well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive
health benefits for employees and their families, a flexible work environment…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.