Senior Manager, Corporate Events
San Mateo, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Events who will the lead the strategic execution of several corporate marketing events to support Coupa’s exceptional sales goals. This person will own programs at Coupa Inspire (our global Business Spend Management conference), 50% of our Inspire Roadshow series (a series of one-day, deep dive, regional marketing event activations) and 50% of our tradeshow portfolio. In general, the Coupa event portfolio is a series of high-touch sales platforms for education, networking, sales enablement and acceleration. The work is divided between the members of the team and anticipated travel is only 25%.
This candidate will need to devise a strategy per program that creates maximum demand generation, execute on-budget each time, and work closely with the sales organization to report leads and opportunities in a measurable, repeatable manner in support of our revenue goals.
- Drive the strategy, management and budget of each event marketing program
- Align programs to Coupa business objectives
- Manage internal communications and collaboration per program – pre, during and post program
- Manage MyCoupa.com for Procure-to-Pay for each program
- Evaluate program performance with summary reports for Leads, Opportunities, and revenue per campaign
- Participate in the selection of key programs, locations, venues with a focus on enterprise and mid-market, industry verticals, and/or role-based marketing needs (CIO, CFO, etc).
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration
- Don’t just execute - keep up on tradeshow and event trends and think outside of the “event box”
- 10 years of marketing experience with 5+ years of demonstrated demand generation or sales enablement specific experience
- Proven ability to multitask many program plans at once, across geographies
- Experience with sponsorships – keen knowledge of best value for our sponsorship dollars
- Natural aptitude for budgeting and ways to creatively save money and re-invest in additional programming
- Minimum of 5 years in tech sector
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Outstanding customer service skills – for prospects, customers, partners and internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated and resourceful, ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiating skills, a plus
- Travel required (approximately 25% of time)
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.