Manager, Strategic Sourcing
San Mateo, CA /
G&A – Finance /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Manager, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for creating and driving strategic sourcing and demand management initiatives across all of Coupa’s spend categories, with special focus on IT and Marketing. This role has company-wide responsibilities for identifying, quantifying, prioritizing, and executing sourcing strategies that align with the organization’s strategic direction and cost savings targets.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal customers and suppliers. Execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing and procurement within the organization from opportunity assessment, negotiations, RFx, supplier relationship and risk management.
- Create and implement sourcing and demand management strategies across Coupa’s spend categories. Internal customer/Category groups will include but not limited to IT, Engineering and Marketing. Manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection. Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative, out of the box approach to driving best practice.
- Build and manage relationships with priority business executives to support implementation of business strategies through advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment. Facilitate the entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with business unit heads to select and award business to suppliers.
- Act as procurement subject matter expert in consulting with the business to identify, develop and deploy best practice procurement, category management and supplier management.
- Support the functions long-term strategic planning efforts for sourcing and supplier management, including advanced multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or the renegotiation of existing contracts to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership and meet savings objectives.
- Continuously look for process efficiencies that allow the Sourcing team to scale to support company growth.
- Build policies, templates, workflows and processes around all sourcing and procurement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting and/or Mathematics
- 4 years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role with expertise in influencing business strategy and vendor relations
- Advanced analytical ability including cost modelling, TCO analysis, and spend/savings analysis in support of decision-making and reporting purposes
- Superior negotiation skills, developed through significant corporate sourcing hands-on experience
- Experience writing/generating RFxs to suppliers and driving sourcing initiatives / complex RFx projects
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to build partnerships with internal resources as well as Coupa’s supply base
- Tech savvy – ability to learn how to use the Coupa Platform that allows Procurement Operations and Strategic Sourcing to make smarter decisions faster
- A ‘can do’ attitude to work that needs to get done as part of a high-growth company
- Driven individual with analytical approach and high degree of personal organization and a strong passion to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Experience with procurement software (including systems such as Coupa, Netsuite, and JIRA), approval workflows, purchasing policy development, and contracts
- Prior experience managing diverse stakeholder interests and expectations
- Knowledgeable in working with tools including Word, Excel, ERP systems, and contract management tools
- Experience in negotiating enterprise software deals and drafting managed services contracts
- Experience formulating methods to develop and analyze various category portfolios, including market price benchmarking and total cost analysis
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.