Director, Corporate Communications
San Mateo, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa is in search of a Senior Manager / Director of Corporate Communications to join our growing marketing team. This person will partner closely with our head of Product Communications to build awareness for the Coupa brand and platform among senior business decision-makers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing, this individual will develop the strategy and execution plan for corporate communication programs that include brand awareness, category creation, community activation, quarterly earnings, executive communications, M&A, thought leadership, and culture and workplace. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and storytelling skills, is not afraid to propose new ideas to deliver high-impact programs. This role is well suited for someone eager to take on challenges, drive results, and be supported by passionate colleagues.
- Develop compelling, high-impact global communications campaigns and strategies across earned, owned, paid, and shared channels that build awareness for Coupa
- Serve as in-house “reporter”, identifying newsworthy stories that will build credibility and thought leadership for the company
- Collaborate across the company to bring those stories to life in a compelling way
- Partner with PR agency(ies) to execute campaigns that achieve top-tier business and technology press coverage
- Build and manage your own set of relationships with top-tier business media
- Develop and manage spokesperson platforms that includes thought leadership strategy, media pitching, and participation in speaking events.
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey Coupa’s corporate and product narrative, including messaging platforms, press releases, Q&As, etc.
- 8-10 years of in-house or agency communications experience, that includes creating and executing corporate and product media strategies.
- A strong track record of garnering feature coverage in top-tier business outlets such as Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, Inc., The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Wired.
- Ability to think strategically about the big picture and roll up his/her sleeves to execute on the steps to get there.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with knowledge of AP style.
- Creative and resourceful thinker that challenges the status quo to help Coupa stand out.
- Demonstrates strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A strong understanding of today’s changing media landscape.
- Handles pressure and deadline-oriented demands as well as manages multiple initiatives.
- Background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.