Instructional Designer / Content Developer
San Mateo, CA /
People Team – Coupa University /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Content Developers at Coupa handle the development of creative and engaging custom eLearning content for Coupa Product training to serve customers, partners, and employees in interactive, self-paced, and video formats. Candidates must have the ability to produce high-quality eLearning solutions in a fast-paced collaborative team environment. You should have knowledge of Instructional Design, adult learning theory, best practices for eLearning, and a desire for continuous improvement in training processes.
You must possess a strong bias for action and an unwavering commitment to making our internal and external customers successful, and be able to lead and collaborate with SMEs, instructors, product documentation, and content delivery teams. You write engaging scripts, create custom graphics, and push the envelope to elevate the learning experience.
- Work directly with cross functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify learning needs and objectives.
- Effective use of digital media, elearning development tools, and other emerging technologies to create and deliver computer-based video training.
- Design and develop engaging and memorable learning opportunities (including related learning elements).
- Draft storyboards, scripts, and prototypes of training content and proactively manage drafts through proper reviews, updates, and approvals. When necessary, create customized versions of related content for different target audiences.
- Convert existing documentation and training materials into engaging and effective online courses and take part in continuous content processes with Product Content and Training groups.
- Follow a continuous improvement process for training content including an evaluation method and updates to content as needed.
- Expertise with the following content authoring tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, Rise, Articulate Studio, and Camtasia.
- Experience in professional video software or localization and accessibility standards a plus.
- 1+ years of multimedia learning development and Instructional Design experience in a corporate training environment
- Outstanding writing, editing, critical reasoning, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information, and convert into easily-understandable learning content.
- Demonstrated ability to assess learning needs and develop media-rich, engaging, and high-impact learning solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design theory, models, and technical training best practices.
- Experience making eLearning exciting, fun, and social.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.