Sr. Product Manager, Mobile
San Mateo, CA /
Development – Product Management /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As a Senior Product Manager for Coupa’s mobile team, you’ll help define and build products that are valuable, usable and feasible. You sit in the middle of the business community, engineering team and user experience team, and are the voice of the customer. Your responsibilities range from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You’ll build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new and innovative ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their pain points, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Drive the vision, roadmap planning and execution of Coupa’s mobile products for iOS and Android, both short-term through the next several months in detail, as well as mapping out the next year or two
- Collaborate with partners in engineering and UX to design and deliver features that expand what the global Coupa community can do on the go with Coupa’s Business Spend Management platform
- Balance innovation, customer and market needs to deliver delightful, useful and clear experiences
- Manage the entire product life cycle: strategic planning, roadmap, feature design, development support, go-to-market, and field support
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment between Mobile and the wider Coupa organization
- Negotiate and advocate with other teams to solve cross-product needs
- Work with localization, documentation and engineering to support an international market with region-specific regulations and taxes
- Represent the product internally and externally, with occasional global travel and presentations—both internally, and to customers with wide ranging user needs and levels of sophistication.
- You have 3+ years of Product Management experience at the PM or Senior PM level, including mobile apps—preferably enterprise-focused
- You might not know Business Spend Management today but you’re eager to learn and you have a history of mastering complex new areas quicklyYou never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle work or questions hands-on
- You know your market, customers and competition, and you integrate this information into your product strategies
- You understand the importance of UX, and if you’re not a designer you can still prioritize and drive toward highly usable, well-designed solutions with clear UX standards
- You understand the importance of solid engineering, testing, prioritizing the bug backlog, and managing technical debt
- You can balance team, company and external priorities, and make effective and well-reasoned tradeoffs
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and use analysis and facts to help make decisions
- You like to solve customer problems but also know how to prioritize
- You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize, summarize, and extract the essence of what matters for each stakeholder
- You’re eager to learn, self-start and thrive in a growing and fast-moving company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a technical degree is preferred; MBA a strong plus. Or equivalent work experience
Like to Have
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS software or with areas of business spend management like sourcing, contracts, procurement, expensing or payments
- Software product design skills and experience
- Strong fundamentals with mobile app development, agile software development, Jira, Confluence, iOS, Android and all that bread ‘n’ butter stuff
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.