Senior Performance Engineer
Pune, India /
Development – Engineering - India /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The performance engineering group here at Coupa Software is looking for an engineer with performance engineering experience in scalable and high-performing applications. You will apply your expertise to influence our engineering teams in identifying & pursuing performance optimizations of existing products and infrastructure.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about performance, to directly impact the experience of users of the Coupa Software platform. You will be working on solving state of the art performance and scalability challenges in a multi-tenant platform supporting users across all Coupa customers. You will be exposed to many different technologies, architectures, and systems hosted in data centers across the globe on many different cloud infrastructures. You are responsible for identifying and recommending new technologies that address scalability challenges of Coupa Platform. Come join our performance team and help contribute to the Value as a Service revolution.
- Establish performance benchmarks for the Coupa platform
- Design, implement and maintain a performance certification test harness
- Troubleshoot complex configuration, infrastructure, networking, and application problems that could impact the performance or capacity of the product.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development Engineering, and Cloud Infrastructure teams to find the optimal way to scale applications and the infrastructure
- Proactive end-to-end cluster scalability, performance, and exceptions analysis.
- Analyze root cause for latency in individual components and across the system
- Monitor and manage 200+ nodes using automation and modern DevOps tools
- Be an evangelist for performance best practices and tools
- At least 5 years of experience in Performance Analysis and troubleshooting of production systems
- Domain expert on public cloud, distributed system, micro services architecture and capacity planning
- Experienced in Performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks
- Proven experience in performance, scalability analysis and optimizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems software and understand the impact of locking, caching and I/O on software performance
- Proven Performance tuning experience for infrastructure, platforms, and application
- Proven track record in bringing clarity to ambiguous situations. Ability to facilitate and arbitrate technical discussions, and to make challenging calls or recommendations; Work well in a distributed team environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.