Senior ETL Test Automation Engineer (Hybrid)
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Programmatically test Coupas Analytics application, measure test coverage, and drive test-ability and diagnostic ability while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Expand testing coverage by enhancing automated test suite capabilities and adding new tests.
- Automate validation of data ingestion, transformation, cleansing, and loading processes.
- Develop manual/automation test strategies, create test plans, execute test cases – both manually and via automation to test Coupa's data-oriented products.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and execute quality testing activities.
- Create and evaluate test tools to improve test process, test coverage and quality.
- Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, assess risk on requirement changes, ensure testability and automatability. Provide feedback on design (functional and technical) and be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to analyze, debug and resolve issues.
- Develop repeatable testing routines through automation to expedite QA cycle.
- Become an SME in the technical domain.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of data analytics, reports testing, and ETL automation experience.
- Experience with test automation frameworks and utilization of appropriate test methodologies and tools for testing KPIs, reports, dashboards, and data warehouses.
- Understanding of End to End data warehousing systems from Data modeling to Reporting
- Experience in writing SQL queries, data modeling and analytical skills on large customer data sets.
- Working knowledge in ETL/ELT and cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift and Big Query.
- Programming experience with any Object Oriented language.
- Hands-on experience working with APIs & API automation tools.
- Experience working in Agile development processes & working with offshore teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud data warehouses like AWS Redshift, Snowflake.
- Experience with ETL/ELT Testing using Spark or similar tools.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in California: $122,500-$149,500
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.