San Mateo, CA /
People Team – HR Operations /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Benefits Analyst is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) and company perks.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Respond timely to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan details, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries via the HR ticketing system and personal emails.
- Manage benefit related phone calls accordingly.
- Assist in 401k Administration and respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and elections.
- Responsible for the dependent verification, evidence of insurability, and qualifying life event approval process in the Benefits Admin Portal.
- Responsible for monthly census uploads/imports to benefit vendors.
- Assist with auditing benefits data/deductions and correcting any discrepancies.
- Assist in COBRA Administration.
- Review and retrieve benefit related mail (when applicable).
- Complete disability and leave forms that are mailed into the office (when applicable).
- Develops, conducts and participates in a variety of presentations to inform and educate employees about changes to benefit plans, administrative practices and programs.
- Assists in the creating and updating benefit related process documents.
- Assists with the annual open enrollment process.
- Assist with benefit related on-boarding activities for international benefits programs.
- Assist with researching state mandates for benefit programs.
- Annually verify updates required for employee leave notice requirements.
- Responsible for sending monthly wellness emails and assist with wellness initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualities
- Has some knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2-year Human Resource experience
- 1-2-year Benefit Administration experience
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, and simple formulas)
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.