Senior Manager Engineering in Test
Hyderabad, India /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Experience in handling high pressure critical projects using continuous integration with an emphasis on back-end APIs and system integrations to achieve highly efficient release cycles.
- Experience in people management for a medium to large sized team (8 - 12 members) with expertise in setting SMART goals aligned with that of organisation and achieving high employee engagement and motivation to deliver high quality products.
- Communicate effectively at different levels including senior leadership, peers, reporting team and other stakeholders across geographies to ensure clarity in all product/release quality related progress and updates.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand ups and work with teams to mitigate any blockers and adapt to changing needs in a fast moving environment to meet commitments and ensure quality delivery.
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts at unit, integration and UI levels.
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create strategy and technical design for quality delivery and help others within and across teams.
- Work with cross-geography teams (PMO, Platform, Operations etc.) and ensure all release aspects are taken care of and any communication needed is delivered well in time.
- Strong in team leadership, management and collaboration with multiple stakeholders. Ability to create plans and adjust to changes on the fly.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Completely hands on manager who leads by example, works closely with the team, celebrates successes and learnings, appreciates new ideas and efforts, and mentors the team to achieve their goals and ambitions.
- Demonstrates an ability to jump into problems in all areas of the system, determine root causes, and implement solutions evaluating all the related factors.
- Constantly looks for improvements in software development and testing processes
- Mentors engineers towards the completion of short-term work goals
- Sought by others for advice. Reviews designs and implementations and actively champions good ideas from other team members.
- Exceptionally strong customer focus and keeps up to date with recent tools and technologies to deliver ever increasing value.
- BS/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution.
- 12 - 16 years core development or SDET experience with minimum 5 years into team management.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Experience in creation of test frameworks using open source automation tools.
- Expertise in team management, smart goal setting, scoping and estimations and clear communication.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts and application across web/cloud based technologies.
- Hands on in writing clean code quickly in languages like .NET, C#, Java, Python and code review techniques.
- Experienced with databases, particularly SQL Server
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes and project management techniques.
- Open source automation tools and FW knowledge both at backend and frontend.
- REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads.
- Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.