Director of Customer Support - US West Coast
Services – Support
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Responsibilities for this role include managing a team, acting as a liaison between development and other teams, and interfacing directly with Coupa customers to clearly understand, clarify and resolve issues they are reporting. The successful candidate will have a strong technical aptitude, excellent people skills, enjoy researching issues and taking initiative, be a team player, and love working with customers.
- Manage and prioritize day-to-day support workload
- Foster cross-departmental communication and relationships
- Set team goals and manage success metrics
- Providing technical support during implementation and post go live
- Provides regular updates to customer as needed until issue is resolved
- Escalates as needed to Development for further troubleshooting or issue resolution
- Work with engineering design managers, marketing managers and technical support employees to address product issues
- Interface with management at all levels in order to understand & address any support issues
- Manages customer escalations, reviewing issues and trends with partners and customers, enabling them to optimize their solution
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree
- 8+ years of professional experience in the consulting, customer support or applications implementation area of high tech or s/w industry
- Experience with enterprise s/w, consumer s/w or database s/w is required
- Must be a leader and have proven conflict management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Must be a leader and motivator with a clear understanding of the market requirements, customer base and challenges facing a fast growing company
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience working with diverse, multi-cultural teams
- A team player with a collaborative management and coaching style
- Ability to devise and implement business plans
- Experience providing and driving strategic direction and guidance to Technical Support teams and direct reports
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset of ownership, honesty, accountability, empowerment and trust
- Experience in SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and procurement is a plus
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.