Lead Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Hands-on contribution in design, development and implementation.
- Provide technical leadership to junior, intermediate, and senior level engineers.
- Collaborate across teams for solving business problems.
- Enforce best practices (unit/automation testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.).
- Find creative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process and business.
- A good team player, works and communicates well with others
- 10+ years of work experience in software development or web application development.
- 8+ years of experience with programming using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in designing, estimating, and leading the implementation of complex systems.
- Expertise working with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Expertise in one or more modern programming languages.
- Love for designing and developing application using Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to mentor engineers of all levels.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices.
- Experience in working on an agile environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate at work.
- Strong communication skill
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails.
- RSpec and Capybara.
- Redis, Elasticsearch.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.