Senior Technical Program Manager
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Responsible for technical project planning, management, and oversight for key initiatives across the whole engineering organization including development and cloud operations
- Ability to understand the technical details and drive the projects through all phases from design to implementation and post-implementation monitoring/support
- Ability to scale the PMO function by rolling out program frameworks, tooling and automation
- Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with the product development initiatives
- Focused on the end goal and ability to define clear success criteria and drive the team to deliver on the same
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of different teams and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Must be on the ground and understand the details to facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through, prioritizing across multiple concurrent initiatives and shifting demands
- Must have demonstrated experience in building highly scalable frameworks and programs to support large engineering initiatives
- Must have hands-on experience working on complex projects touching various components across applications and stack layers
- Must have demonstrated skills to effectively balance multiple work streams with correct prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience on SaaS-based projects and working knowledge of cloud-based software
- Must understand how software gets shipped and all the pieces that need to fall into place with some experience with Jenkins/GitHub etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Jira workflows and setup administration
- Ability to successfully collaborate and work in a truly global team setup across different time zones
- Is a self-starter with great attention to detail and follow-through and who is resourceful and adept at managing through chaos to reach a goal
- Experience with onboarding of new acquisitions/teams and lead discussions on transition and streamlining of tools/practices/workflows is desirable
- 8+ total years of being a Technical Program Manager or Technical/Engineering leader
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred. MBA desired.
- Strong technical skills and excellent organization/prioritization/communication skills
- Engineering M&A Integration experience will be a plus
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $143,000-$177,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.