Sr. Manager, Billing & Collections
San Mateo, CA /
G&A – Finance /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Sr. Manager, Billing & Collections will support the Accounting team and will oversee customer invoicing and collections.
- Directly supervise the billing & collections team, supporting the team and driving the team’s growth and scale.
- Manage accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and reduce days outstanding in accounts receivable.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and prepare, analyze, and communicate related reports with measurable metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement in system usage/capabilities and processes for billing and collections, with a special focus on increasing automation.
- Closely monitor and perform against collection targets
- Develop metrics to track invoicing and collections team performance.
- Develop a set of enhanced reports for actuals and forecasts to support management in planning and executing on various targets, such as acceleration of cash inflows, decreased aged invoices, increased accuracy, and speed and automation of customer invoices.
- Direct and coordinate customer service activities, including customer inquiries and communications through calls and emails.
- Analyze and assess collection issues and determines course of action for resolution.
- Enhance depth and flow of information to management team.
- Implement best practices and develop, execute, and enforce AR policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team on monthly reconciliation efforts and review data for irregularities and errors on a regular basis.
- Assist with external financial audits and other due diligence and accounting requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related fields.
- 7-8 years’ experience in billing and collections.
- Strong accounting knowledge in billing and collections.
- Strong management and decision-making skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Experience with NetSuite required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Experience evaluating processes and using data to make process design changes and improvements
- Proven ability to develop team members and lead by example.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, and presentation skills, and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels.
- Advanced computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.