Lead Software Engineer
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
About the Role: We are looking for an extremely talented Lead Software Engineer to join our Technology Platform Team. You will be part of a global agile group that is responsible for building the best in class SaaS platform, deployment infrastructure, and services. The position will require a candidate to design, develop, maintain, and scale Coupa’s platform systems, services, and operational automation. Our main languages are Ruby and Go, and we expect you to be able to contribute to either.
About the Team: In summary the Technology Platform Team is responsible for the backbone of Coupa’s Enterprise SaaS Application. We evaluate and introduce new technologies where it makes sense, we develop features that can impact all customers, we develop tools and frameworks to improve our process, we work in close collaboration with Operations, and we hold the bar very high for what we deliver.
- Architect and develop one or more major areas of the Coupa platform
- Provide technical leadership to junior, intermediate, and senior level engineers
- Participate in design and code review
- Enforce best practices (unit/automation testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.)
- Find creative, elegant and maintainable solutions to complex problems
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process and business
- A good team player, works, and communicates well with others
- Minimum of 8+ years of Software Development experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Expertise in one or more of the following programming languages: Ruby, Go, Java, C/C++
- Experience with high-throughput messaging systems such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, Resque
- Proven experience working with Amazon AWS and containers
- Experience designing, estimating, and leading the implementation of complex systems
- Solid and proven understanding of software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience working on an agile environment that follows Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Proficiency of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency
- Proven ability to take a leadership role in projects and mentor mid-and junior-level developers
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Self-motivated, passion for learning, strong communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent experience
- Open source project contributions
- Experience with Google App Engine
- Experience with Heroku
- Show thought leadership via blog posts, publications, and/or conferences
- You’ve designed, developed and deployed micro-services
- Experience with Docker, using Kubernetes or Amazon ECS
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
• Based in California: $158,500-$196,500
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.