Senior Network Engineer
San Mateo, CA
G&A – Information Technology
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Coupa is looking for our first Senior Network Engineer to support the Global IT team. This role will help scale Coupa's growing IT systems infrastructure and report directly to our Sr. Director of IT. The ideal IT professional is well versed in building and securing both on-prem and SaaS networks. They understand and research industry best practices around automation, server management, and network configuration and adapts to business needs while facilitating deployments throughout the Coupa global IT network.
- Maintaining existing systems (servers/virtual hosts/AD/ Email/ IM) including system configuration, server management, and hardware installation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather network design requirements
- Researching new technologies to fully understand implementation requirements and implications for integration with other systems
- Influence technical, managerial, and executive stakeholders on technical designs and project plans
- Troubleshooting and debugging increasingly complex systems, making appropriate recommendations for improved operational efficiency, repair, replacement or upgrades
- Bring thought leadership around recent trends, including network automation, SDN, SD-WAN
- Gather and follow network architecture industry design best practices from vendors, peers, and past experiences
- Collaborate with others to facilitate the deployment of new network technologies
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Networking, Information Systems or System Administration.
- 5+ years of experience in IT project management
- Experience managing Enterprise IT infrastructure projects including network, wireless, data centers, end point management, virtual environments, unified communications, 3rd party cloud deployments (Amazon, Azure).
- Demonstrated ability to design and deploy secure and highly available network solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, resiliency in the face of continual change, and ability to handle high demands
- Programming and/or Automation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and services
- Knowledge of G-Suite
- Knowledge of Okta and SAML Technology
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies like JAMF, MobileIron, AirWatch
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies in a fast-paced environment
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.