Software Quality Engineering Lead/Manager
Ettenheim, Germany /
Development – Engineering - Quality Engineering /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Experience Level: Manager
Coupa Product Line: Treasury
Company Size: approx 3500 globally
Primary skills we consider: People/Team Management, Project delivery, SDET/Automation Testing using Ruby, Java and/or Python, Creation of test frameworks and strategies, Open source tools, Test architecture
Secondary skills we consider: AWS/Azure enviornment, TDD/BDD, Rest API’s, SOAP webservices, TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Compensation: Basic salary + yearly bonus + initial stock grant (RSU’s) and ongoing refreshes
Remote working: Office based or hybrid model requiring 1-2 days per week in office.
Office location: Karlsruhe or Ettenheim, Germany
Working Time zone: CEST
You will play both a hands-on SDET role, as well as managing the team of 5 SDET’s. You will create and architect test frameworks and strategies, and manage the delivery of test projects.
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts at both Unit and integration levels.
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create a strategy and technical design for quality delivery and help others on the same within and across teams.
- Handle high-pressure critical projects using continuous integration with an emphasis on back-end APIs and systems integration and delivery to achieve highly efficient release cycles.
- Communicate effectively at different levels including senior leadership, peers, reporting teams, and other stakeholders across geographies to ensure clarity in all product/release quality-related progress and updates.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups and work with teams to mitigate any blockers and adapt to changing needs in a fast-moving environment to ensure quality deliveries and meet the commitments.
- Work with cross geographies teams (PMO, Platform, Operations, etc.) and ensure all release aspects are taken care of and any communication needed is delivered well in time.
- Strong in team management and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, create plans to meet their need and able to adjust for the changes on the fly.
- Strong core software development or SDET experience
- Experience in creation/modification of test frameworks using open source automation tools.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts and application across web/cloud based technologies.
- Completely hands on manager who leads by example and works closely with the team to take them along in all situations, celebrates successes and learnings. Appreciates new ideas or efforts and be able to mentor the team to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Nice to haves
- Experience with Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD and BDD)
- Experience with REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads
- Worked with Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- 30 days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 40 hours Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Life & Accident Protection
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Referral Bonus
1. Recruiter call
2. Hiring Manager Interview
3. Tech Interview I
4. Tech Interview II
5. Final stage with Senior Director
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, accrued vacation days for non-exempt employees, catered in-office lunches… And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.