Senior / Lead Product Developer (Java)
Pune, India /
Development – Engineering - India /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- As an Engineer on our Product team, you’ll help us build our product by developing high-impact, user-facing features. In our growing engineering organization, you’ll be developing and shipping new features and updates to Coupa’s product. You’ll use your skills and experience to help us deliver an attractive and high-quality solution to our customers. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and designers to drive the implementation and release of significant features. You will exercise judgment in making tradeoffs between design and feasibility; engineer your features to be scalable and resilient; champion best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code. You’ll become familiar with all parts of our technology stack. We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our users, both external and internal. Coupa is continually rolling out high-demand features and tackling ever-greater challenges of scale. As an engineer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you’ll be an active voice in shaping our product.
- You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is a highly qualified engineer who is continuously striving for excellence, applying advanced Computer Science, including Optimization, Machine Learning, and modern UX technologies.
- We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give excellent peer feedback to grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation, friendly chatbots, creating a great user experience, and we love sharing those passions.
- We are a team that takes risks, fails fast, and has a bias for action. We do not believe in unnecessary processes and lengthy meetings. We hold ourselves accountable in everything we do. We do not foster groupthink or decision making without debate. We have authentic conversations, even when it’s not easy.
- You have a master’s or a doctoral degree in Computer Science or a related field. You are a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement, and support products and product components on a predictable schedule. You are capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity. You are experienced in designing application-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for business problems. You have a broad knowledge of middleware/application integration products and demonstrated proficiency in understanding and executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies. You love an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
- If you possess sound functional knowledge of enterprise application architecture in the Spend Management domain including Procurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing, it will be a huge advantage.
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
Complete the onboarding program.
Learn the nuts and bolts of the business, our tech stack, and where we’re going.
You'll also positively contribute to your team’s processes and knowledge.
Tackle your first ticket!Dive into technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
Learn the technical stack and apply development patterns through your work.
Participate in the product development process and ship your first feature to customers.
Engage in your first on-call rotation in Support Engineering to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues.
Write internal documentation, such as design documents, for your features and systems, so other engineers and stakeholders come along with your decisions.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
Reliably ship full features to customers.
Assist your peers in best practices for product development.
Understand the product at scale and be able to provide input to improve our technology systems and tools.
Participate in interviewing and hiring to influence team growth and how our values inform our culture.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
Build, launch, and support your first significant feature. You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Design and focus on keeping your stakeholders apprised of progress and updates.
Have made a visible impact on the product for all the users.
Own major feature areas of the application.
Be comfortable navigating most of our stack and infrastructure.
Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new featuresWHAT YOU’LL DO
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.