Director, Strategic Sourcing
San Mateo, CA
G&A – Finance
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As an Individual Producer, the Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for creating and driving strategic sourcing and demand management initiatives across all of Coupa’s spend categories, with special focus on IT and Marketing. Under guidance from the CPO, this role has company-wide responsibilities for identifying, quantifying, prioritizing, and executing sourcing strategies that align with the organization’s strategic direction and cost savings targets. The incumbent will work in collaboration with multiple Business Units to secure optimal purchasing opportunities for Coupa, and will act as a strategic business partner, interfacing with senior levels of the company to understand their needs, provide trusted expert advice, and drive results. This position is also responsible for driving continuous improvement of procurement processes throughout Coupa, including supporting business leaders in planning and implementing supply chain strategies that achieve their business goals and objectives. This position has financial and enterprise risk mitigation accountabilities.
- Conduct category spend analyses and reporting, supplier stratification, supply market and category industry research.
- Create and implement sourcing and demand management strategies across Coupa’s spend categories, with special focus on IT and Marketing. Manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection. Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative, out of the box approach to driving best practice.
- Strategically partner with business unit leaders in support of key procurement initiatives. Build and manage relationships with priority business executives to support implementation of business strategies through advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment. Facilitate the entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with business unit heads to select and award business to suppliers.
- Demonstrate a strategic business mindset, organizational savvy, and balance multiple stakeholder interests simultaneously.
- Support CPOs long-term strategic planning efforts for sourcing and supplier management, including advanced multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or the renegotiation of existing contracts to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership and meet savings objectives.
- Provide oversight and evaluate ethical procurement practices of contracted goods and services which includes compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Advanced analytical ability including cost modelling, TCO analysis, and spend/savings analysis in support of decision-making and reporting purposes.
- Superior program and project management skills
- Ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies
- Strategic mindset with excellent senior-level presence and organizational savvy
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Manages change, ambiguity, complexity and drives for results
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to advanced project leadership and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative and time-sensitive solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting and/or Mathematics.
- 7 years’ experience in a senior procurement role
- 5 years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role with expertise in influencing business strategy and vendor relations
- Superior negotiation skills, developed through significant corporate sourcing hands-on experience
- Experience writing/generating RFxs to suppliers and driving sourcing initiatives / complex RFx projects
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and project management skills
- Experience in organizational change management activities
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to build partnerships with internal resources as well as Coupa’s supply base.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the executive sponsors, other Coupa colleagues, and the external supplier community.
- High energy team player with a bias for action
- A ‘can do’ attitude to work that needs to get done as part of a high-growth company and all the dynamics involved.
- Driven individual with analytical approach and high degree of personal organization and a strong passion to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Master’s or post-graduate Degree from an accredited four-year college or university;
- Project planning and management experience
- Experience in eProcurement, AP and/or Expense Management.
- Prior experience managing diverse stakeholder interests and expectations
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.