Customer Value Director
Tokyo, Japan /
Services – Customer Value /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Customer Value Directors represent the primary point of contact and act as a strategic advisor for the life of the Coupa customer. We are looking for individuals who have demonstrated past success in customer engagement, spend management best practices, cloud services adoption, and expansion.
On a daily basis you will...
- Foster communication and collaboration amongst the team, not only in Japan but globally ensuring that there is the potential to share learnings and learn from others.
- Be the trusted advisor and voice of the customer
- Help drive growth and planning for the practice
- Work with / coach customer teams to drive customer value strategies and to achieve customer’s value objectives
- Provide communication to customers regarding Coupa, new product capabilities and other critical information
- Provide a consistent point of contact for customers in Japan and serve as the senior relationship manager for all accounts
- Facilitate customer success metrics workshops, where applicable
- Drive periodic business reviews
- Be accountable for all customer renewals
- Share best practices ideas, product messaging/direction, and relevant Coupa news
- Build/support and drive customer campaigns, newsletters and user groups
- Provide spend management thought leadership, insights, & challenge customer’s assumptions
- Provide best practices from other Coupa clients/industries
- Build strong customer relationships and act as a change agent within the customer’s organisation
Our ideal candidate has...
- The ability to develop executive level relationships utilising strong communication and negotiation skills influencing as needed
- A bias for action
- A strong understanding of technology planning, implementation and its impact on business
- Experience managing client expectations dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Project management experience including managing disparate, cross-functional, cross-enterprise project teams
- The ability to have value-based conversation with business executives
- Strong relationship skills whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance and collaboration in a fast-moving environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%) to customer sites and ad-hoc meetings
- Strong and demonstrable experience in systems applications consulting and/or Account Management, either internally via an IT organisation or externally with a consulting firm or software provider
- Strong customer and partner management skills able to hold a course despite challenging circumstances
- Proactive stakeholder and escalation management
- Proactivity towards problem resolution, focused on positive outcomes and rapid project to go-live deployments
- Experience of Business Spend Management, eProcurement, AP and/or Expense Management (desirable)
- Experience with SaaS is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management, and Salesforce automation software
This is the crucial first hire in Japan for this role and a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key leading role in our growth in Japan.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.